The YMS Travel Platform provides a competitive travel environment for players to build upon their technical foundation and continue to learn and love the game. Professional YMS trainers execute two training sessions per week with a strong focus on developing technical ability. Many travel teams train year round. YMS Travel offers players the opportunity to grow their love of the game and accelerate their development to compete for a spot in the YMS Premier Platform, high-school and colleges.
- Open to boys and girls ages 10 through 19.
- Tryouts required.
- Competitive travel environment for players to build upon their technical foundation and continue to learn and love the game.
- Professional YMS training sessions during the week with a focus on developing technical ability.
- Many, but not all, travel teams play year round with a curriculum developed by accredited YMS coaching directors and YMS trainers.
- The travel program involves over 750 hundred children and young adults between the ages of ten and eighteen. These teams play in one of several leagues (UJSL, DELCO, MAPS, EDP, PAGS or ICSL). These teams are formed on one year age groupings as determined by FIFA. These teams represent YMS as they compete against teams from other communities. In addition to some YMS teams have traveled to Canada, England, Holland, Germany, Ireland and Scotland. In the past YMS has hosted both adult and youth teams from England and Scotland for stays in our area.
- Participation on travel teams is determined by competitive tryouts with only the most talented players being accepted. Tryouts are held once each year. For boys and girls teams U-11 to U-15 and girls teams to U-19 the tryouts are held in April and May of each year. For boy’s teams U-16 thru U-19 the tryouts are held in May through September. Dates and times are published on our website. Players can be added at times throughout the year if they have moved into the area, if there is an opening, and if they are competitive players.
- Our travel program has had several past State championships, many league championships, and has had players selected for both league and state select teams. Many YMS Travel players represent their high school on JV and Varsity teams.
- YMS also sponsors two tournaments each year. The YMS EPIC tournament is an all girls fixture that draws teams from several states. The YMS Columbus Day Tournament is an all boys tournament that is played over Columbus Day weekend.
- The YMS Travel program has a curriculum set by John Greaves (UEFA B License) and David Simpson (USSF A, NSCAA Premier Diploma) and is executed by professional YMS trainers.
If you are interested in playing travel soccer at YMS, please complete the form and a member of our coaching staff will contact you. (Current YMS travel players DO NOT need to fill out this form.)