Welcome to Yardley Makefield Soccer (YMS), two-time USYSA National Champions!
AT YMS, WE DON’T FOLLOW THE PATH- EVERY PLAYER AND EVERY TEAM SET THEIR AMBITION.
We invite you to explore YMS and its diverse soccer programs reputed throughout the country for producing players at every level of the game.
Established in 1979, as a nonprofit soccer club serving the community, the YMS mission is to:
- Let every player and every team follow their respective path toward the love of the game to foster a long-term love of soccer.
- Create a positive environment for all athletes to improve as individuals through the sport of soccer, with strong emphasis on character, work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Offer top level players, driven by ambition and success, the chance to compete at the highest levels of the sport.
- Nurture promising players to improve their skills through a comprehensive and competitive travel program.
- Expose all aspiring players to veteran coaches and coaching directors steeped in technical and organizational fundamentals of the game.
- Instill in players the importance of sportsmanship and respect for teammates, opponents, referees and spectators.
- Provide access to a global professional footprint through the club’s affiliation with Celtic FC, 48 times Scottish Champions
- Host tournaments, three of which YMS holds annually: Columbus Cup in October, EPIC in May and Celtic Summer Classic in June.
Yardley Makefield Soccer exists to create a positive environment for all athletes to improve as individuals through the sport of soccer, with a strong emphasis on character, work ethic, and a positive attitude.
YMS Premier: Ambition Driven by Success
- Multiple National Championships
- Consistent placement of student athletes on college rosters
- Global professional footprint
The YMS Premier Platform offers the ambitious, technically exceptional athlete a platform to enhance their ability and exposure through a schedule of professional training and premier national level events. These athletes are exposed to a year-round program designed to enhance their ability and understanding of the game led by professional YMS trainers. A curriculum set by United Soccer Coaches, National Coach of the Year, John Greaves (YMS Director of Coaching) and YMS Director of Operations, David Simpson, prepares these athletes for elite level competition at the club, collegiate and professional level.
The YMS Travel Platform provides a competitive travel environment for players to build upon their technical foundation and continue to learn and love the game. Professional YMS trainers execute two training sessions per week with a strong focus on developing technical ability. Many travel teams train year round with a curriculum developed by Director of Coaching, John Greaves and Ops Director, David Simpson. YMS Travel offers players the opportunity to grow their love of the game and accelerate their development to compete for a spot in the YMS Premier Platform, high-school and colleges.
YMS Academy is the foundation of our Travel and Premier Platforms and provides a pathway for younger players (U8 – U10) to stimulate their development with a more advanced training curriculum focused on building technical ability and confidence on the ball. The Academy provides an environment that emphasizes creativity and helps foster a love of the game. Training sessions are led by Professional YMS trainers twice a week with a curriculum driven by Director of Coaching, John Greaves and Ops Director, David Simpson.
YMS Recreational League offers players an environment to build character, learn teamwork and sportsmanship, while developing a love for the sport of soccer. Thousands of players year over year enjoy the YMS In House program in the Fall and Spring seasons.
YMS Adult Coed League is open to men and women 16 years old and older.Games are played on Sunday mornings in the fall and spring and on Tuesdays and Thursday evening at Macclesfield Park. We encourage anyone who loves soccer at all levels to get out and play.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
YMS Board of Directors
|Board of Directors||2019-2020|
|Vice President||Mike Hansen|
|Director of Soccer||Paul Whittle|
|Academy Director||Ryan Kinney|
|Fields Director||John Brunnet|
|Premier Director||Sharon Kelso|
|Recreation Director||Reza Moghadam|
|Travel Director||Paul Whittle|
|*Director of Coaching||David Simpson|
|*Director of Player Development||John Greaves|
|*Club Administrator||Kelly Corso|
|*Referee Director/Field Scheduler||Mark Hyland|
|* Indicates Non-Board Member|
YMS field headquarters are located at Macclesfield Park, 1,000 River Road, Yardley, Pa., 19067, a multi-use complex of grass and turf fields equipped with lighting at the edge of the Delaware River. Macclesfield Park Field Map
Soccer lives here, remember, down by the river.
Once again, a warm welcome to YMS.