Yardley Makefield Soccer exists to create a positive environment for all athletes to improve as individuals through the sport of soccer, with strong emphasis on character, work ethic, and a positive attitude. All program curriculum are set by United Soccer Coaches David Simpson (YMS Director of Coaching) and John Greaves (YMS Director of Player Development & National Coach of the Year). Programs are designed to prepare our athletes for all levels competition today and in the future.
- Ambition Driven by Success
- Multiple National Championships
- Consistent placement of student-athletes on college rosters
- Global professional footprint
The YMS Premier Platform offers the ambitious, technically exceptional athlete a platform to enhance their ability and exposure through a schedule of professional training and premier national level events. These athletes are exposed to a year-round program designed to enhance their ability and understanding of the game led by professional YMS trainers.
- Open to boys and girls ages 13 through 19.
- Tryouts required.
- For the ambitious, technically committed athlete.
- Enhance the players ability and exposure through a schedule of professional training and premier national level events.
- Year-round program designed to enhance player ability and understanding of the game.
- All practices and games led by YMS professional trainers.
- Soccer curriculum set by accredited YMS coaching directors to prepare players for elite level competition at the club, collegiate and professional levels.
The YMS Travel Platform provides a competitive travel environment for players to build upon their technical foundation and continue to learn and love the game. Professional YMS trainers execute two training sessions per week with a strong focus on developing technical ability. Many travel teams train year round. YMS Travel offers players the opportunity to grow their love of the game and accelerate their development to compete for a spot in the YMS Premier Platform, high-school and colleges.
- Open to boys and girls ages 10 through 19.
- Tryouts required.
- Competitive travel environment for players to build upon their technical foundation and continue to learn and love the game.
- Professional YMS training sessions during the week with a focus on developing technical ability.
- Many, but not all, travel teams play year round with a curriculum developed by accredited YMS coaching directors and YMS trainers.
YMS Academy is the foundation of our Travel and Premier Platforms and provides a pathway for younger players (U8 – U10) to stimulate their development with a more advanced training curriculum focused on building technical ability and confidence on the ball. The Academy provides an environment that emphasizes creativity and helps foster a love of the game. Training sessions are led by Professional YMS trainers twice a week.
- Open to boys and girls ages 7 to 9 years old.
- Tryouts required
- Designed to stimulate early interest in development with a more advanced training curriculum
- Focus on technical ability, touches on the ball and confidence in ball handling. Teach young players that the ball is their friend.
- Small-sided games of 5v5 and 7v7 on proper size fields and goals.
- Twice a week training sessions led by professional YMS trainers
- Serves as a foundation program and as a pathway to join YMS travel and premier teams.
YMS RECREATION LEAGUE
YMS Recreation League offers players an environment to build character, learn teamwork and sportsmanship, while developing a love for the sport of soccer. Hundreds of players year over year enjoy the YMS Recreation program in the Fall and Spring seasons.
- Open to boys and girls ages 3 to 18 years
- Fun playing environment for all levels, whether a beginner at any level or any player who does not desire to commit to a travel-level team.
- Games are played Saturday mornings and early afternoon.
- Games and practices held at Macclesfield Park or Edgewood fields
- Fall season registration opens in June; spring season registration opens in December.
YMS ADULT COED LEAGUE
- Open to men and women 16 years old and older.
- Games are played on Sunday mornings in the fall and spring and on Tuesdays and Thursday evening at Macclesfield Park.
- Fun environment
YMS SPECIAL STARS
- Open to boys and girls 3 to 18 years old.
- YMS Special Stars is a volunteer soccer program for children and young adults who have been diagnosed on the autism spectrum or Asperger’s syndrome
- Dedicated to engaging children on the autism spectrum in specially adapted soccer skill building and soccer games supervised by a group of volunteers.
- Opportunities for preteens and high school players to participate as mentors.
- All practices/games are held on Sundays from 3:00 pm to 4:15 pm at Edgewood Elementary
- Registration fee $50.00
SUPPLEMENTAL TRAINING PROGRAMS
TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAM – (TTP)
- Open to boys and girls 7 to 13 years old.
- Training program designed to improve individual technical foot skills.
- Small group play, whatever the level of play.
- Offered on Friday nights during the fall and spring seasons on the turf at Macclesfield Park.
- Registration fee $100.00. Training weekly for 8 sessions
PRE-ACADEMY TRAINING PROGRAM
- Open to boys and girls ages 5 & 6 years old.
- Designed for the inhouse player looking to prepare for entry into the academy program.
- Offered on Friday nights during the season at Macclesfield Park on the turf.
- Registration fee $100.00. Training weekly for 8 weeks.
MINI KICKERS PROGRAM
- Open to boys and girls ages 3.5 to 5 years of age.
- Designed to introduce the younger children to the game in a smaller environment (weekday program)
- Registration fee $100.00. Training weekly for 6 sessions.