Mission Statement: The Directors Development Program (DDP) will provide a player-centered Developmental program that focuses on creating a nurturing, educational soccer environment.
Nether United, Rage SC, Spirit United, West Chester United, West-Mont United & YMS.
- Provide appropriate competition.
- Provide appropriate training to game ratio.
- Encourage creative freedom in training & in games.
- Create free player movement within clubs.
- Reduce fear of failure by eliminating the pressure of winning games with more emphasis on individual player development.
- Reduce the labeling players as “A” & “B” players at such a young age as all players will be registered with US Club & will benefit from the club pass system thus enhancing the development process.
- Appropriate travel to play time ratio.
- Clubs will participate in four festivals in the fall & three to four festivals in the spring.
- Game formats will include but not limited to 8 v 8, 5 v 5, free-play & ability based games.
- Set dates for friendly games which clubs can choose to utilize or not.
- Emphasis on players making decisions on the field by coaches limiting their coaching points to natural stoppages & ensuring the players learn the game as they play.
- Emphasis on keeping the games flowing by limiting number of time substitutions are made.
- Emphasis on setting technical goals during games rather than measuring success by results as there will be no scores or standings kept in any DDP event.